Moved to a new blog!!!

I have created a new blog at Such Is The Life Of This World

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Rahim

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Rahim

October 27, 2008

Cup of Gumption



I have a big mission today. Going grocery shopping alone with the baby. Which is cool, I get the car, I get to take my time. Woo hoo. Maybe I will go to the West Oaks mall or wherever. I am not one of those who does not like to go out alone. Or eat alone. I have always been alone.

It is a bit of a hassle to tote the baby up and down, back and forth, but inshaAllah, we will manage. I just need my coffee, my cup of gumption. I can't hardly function without my gumption.

So I am going to all the way to the outskirts of Houston. There is a halal meat store there, alhumdulillah, much better than the one close to my house. And the Wal Mart over there is better than the ghetto Wal Mart I try to avoid whenever possible, even if it is right down the road. I shudder when I think of going there. I have to sike myself up for an hour and have absolutely nothing else planned for the rest of the day. Checking out takes longer than the actual shopping. and they have several lanes open, just 20 people in each one! G.H.E.T.T.O.!!!

I plan on cokking a nice dinner for the husband tonight, inshaAllah. We are expecting the family from overseas in the next week or so. I am looking forward to seeing my mother-in-law, just hope she doesn't mention me being "a little bit healthy" or my husband is a lot more than just a little bit healthy compamed to two years ago when we saw her last. I hate it when they do that. I am still stalled on my diet. i am not doing a very good job, honestly. She asked for my measurements so she can bring me some clothes, even though we told them NO GIFTS. but they have that "thing" in their head that they must brig gifts. I really don't want to give my measurements.

Okay, I better run if i want to go to the mall or anyother place besides Wal Mart and the meat store. As for my mood swings, I am just feeling blah now. Tired and empty and blah. And these THING that I am trying not to talk about because it's none of my business, mashaAllah, I successfully avoided blowing up about it while my husband filled me in on the latest developements. I just said um-hmm a few times. I don't really know why it angers me so much. Sometimes I think people's priorities are really screwed up.

No comments: