Moved to a new blog!!!

I have created a new blog at Such Is The Life Of This World

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Rahim

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Rahim

October 7, 2008

Diet Progress and Baby Shots

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Rahim

Well, since my diet blog is under review (at least I hope it is, I have no idea how it works) I will just track my progress over here.

The last few days I have done okay on portion control. At least, I am eating less than i usually would. I am trying to control how fast I eat, also. And taking smaller bites. the scales have not moved in a week. Right now I weigh ۞۞۞ and I want to weight (۞۞۞ - 40) Yeah, you didn't think I was really gonig to put my weight on here, did you? I am okay with ۞۞۞ because just a few short months ago I weighed (۞۞۞ + 15). But it gets discouraging when your scales hardly move anymore. I really shouldn't check everyday, just once a week. But it's still the same, week after week. I know i have to give it more than just a week. I am going to hold out till New Year's and then see where I'm at.

Baby had to get his 12 month shots today. We knew it would be difficult when the nurse was trying to take his temperture with the ear thingie and he threw a fit. Like, that's not the worst that is going to happen. the doctor told me what I already knew about our sleeping arrangements. I sleep in the baby's room because my husband snores extremely loud. Of course that is not good because the baby knows I am right there and if he cries long and loud enough I will eventually toss him in my bed. So now I am going to have to find another place to sleep. I guess I can set my air bed up inthe dinning room, since we don't have a table and don't use that area anyway. InshaAllah, my husband will eventually stop snoring. I gave up trying to sleep in the same room over a year ago.

So we doped the baby up on Tylenol. Not intentionally of course! the doctor gave me a dose, which went all over the baby's face, chest, diaper, legs, and the paper on the exam table. I had my own Tylenol so I gave him some of that, too, so he probably got well over a dose between the two. I held his arms down while the nurse stuck him. she said some mothers refuse to do it. (My husband doesn't even was to be in the baby's sight for fear he will associate getting shots with seeing his Abu cowering in the corner.) I know it has to be done, it's for his own good. I don't remember my own shots as a baby, so inshaAllah he won't remember me being a part of it.

We had a terrible storm this morning and our street was flooded, but we are home now, street is clear. Baby is sleeping it off. I am about to make some pasta for myself. I have the car today, yea! I might go somewhere later. I never have the car.

No comments: